Below is occupational information for a selection of UNT Geography BS, BA, and MS graduates who included some combination of location intelligence/business geography/health & medical geography coursework as a focal point in their degree plans.
- Matt Sorenson, UNT MS in Geography (2019), Business GIS Analyst: City of Plano, TX
- Connor Reed, UNT MS in Geography (2019), Senior Site Research Analyst, BJ's Wholesale Club: Westborough, MA, and Lecturer in Geospatial Information Technology, Northeastern University: Boston, MA
- Joshua Bova, UNT MS in Geography (2018), Associate Manager - Market Planning, KFC/Yum: Louisville, KY
- Brince Jones, UNT MS in Geography (2018), Doctoral Student, Universite de Montreal: Montreal, QC
- Vicki Oppenheim, UNT MS in Geography (2018), Executive Director, Denton Community Market: Denton, TX
- Dakota Wainwright, UNT BS in Geography (2018), Client Services, High Definition Logistics: Southlake, TX.
- Timothy Klein, UNT BS in Geography (2017), Research Analyst, Advance Auto Parts: Roanoke VA
- Jerrod Hannon, UNT BS in Geography (2016), Analyst, eSite Analytics: Dallas TX
- Hunter McGuinness, UNT BS in Geography (2016), Vice President - Site Selection & Analytics, Peloton Commercial Real Estate: Dallas TX
- Carl Whitaker, UNT MS in Geography (2015), Manager of Market Analytics, Axiometrics: Dallas, TX
- Peter Testa, UNT MS in Geography (2015), Marketing Coordinator, Pinnacle Real Estate Advisors: Denver, CO
- Justin Cooley, UNT BS in Geography (2015), Market Analyst, MedCore Partners: Dallas TX
- Trevor Yarbrough, UNT MS in Geography (2014), Inside Commercial Sales Engineer, Alteryx: Dallas, TX
- Amanda Regan, UNT MS in Geography (2013), Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Strategy Manager, The Hewlett Packard Company: Palo Alto, CA
- YunLung ("Steven") Yeh, UNT MS in Geography (2010), Real Estate Development Manager, Cathay Real Estate Group: Taichung City, Taiwan
- Amie (Dickinson) Sumpter, UNT MS in Geography (2007), Manager - Market Strategy, Advance Auto Parts: Roanoke, VA
- Michael Seman, UNT MS in Geography (2007), Incoming Assistant Professor, LEAP Arts Management Program, Colorado State University: Fort Collins, CO
Note, this is only a partial listing of UNT Geography graduates who have studied and worked in the broad location intelligence field. With our large group of UNT Geography alumni, there are more graduates yet who are working somewhere in the location intelligence spectrum.
Location Intelligence Areas of Pursuit
We disseminate the results of our location intelligence research in peer-reviewed venues. Click here for a sampling of our journal publications.
We present in key conference venues covering applied geography, business geography, and counterpart fields. Click here for a sampling of our recent presentations.
We offer a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses. Click here for a summary of the educational opportunities we provide.
We practice what we teach and research. Click here for a listing of UNT Geography graduates who are active in location intelligence professional practice.